You are invited to apply for a scholarship funded by the Chicago Committee on High-Rise Buildings (CCHRB). This $5,000 annual scholarship program supports eligible students at any college or university with an alumnus who serves as a member of the CCHRB.
Before you do anything else, and as soon as possible:
The following criteria must be met:
- Your area of study must be directly related to some aspect of the CCHRB purpose, which is to further the design, construction, operation, and/or rehabilitation of high-rise buildings. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to architecture, engineering, construction management, and real estate.
- Graduate students are eligible; highly qualified senior and junior-level undergraduate students are also encouraged to apply.
- You must have at least one, and preferably two, semesters remaining.
CCHRB will select the applicant(s) who have best demonstrated that they deserve to receive an award. A research proposal is required. It and your personal statement should be focused on your connection to the purpose of the CCHRB. Other selection criteria include academic achievement, community service, extracurricular activities, and financial need.
Application Requirements - - please provide the following:
- Your completed CCHRB scholarship application (available in Word or PDF format).
- Your transcript; an unofficial transcript signed by your faculty adviser is acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from an adviser, professor, or department head.
- Completion of an open book questionnaire which requires essay answers. (available in Word or PDF format).
- A one-page essay-style personal statement summarizing the practicality, originality, and applicability of your academic pursuits to the purpose of the CCHRB (see about CCHRB).
- A statement from your University showing: (1) your expected family contribution, (2) your cost of attendance, and (3) total scholarships and financial aid already received, if any. Alternatively, if you have no financial need, please simply state that.
Please send your application by email on or before January 15, 2019 to Robert Grupe at firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner will be selected and announced in February 2019.
2019 CCHRB Scholarship Announcement
Chicago Committee on High Rise Buildings